TEGNA owned NBC affiliate KCEN has an excellent opportunity for a talented Executive Producer. Applicants must have major breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms. This position requires leadership, solid decision making skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic newsroom environment. Candidates must have social media experience and leadership in digital content areas. This position is responsible for managing the morning newscast, including planning, story selection, and execution of daily newscasts.
- This person must excel at guiding show content, breaking news and weather.
- The ideal candidate should be skilled at creating an audience focused content calendar that aligns with research and the needs of our community.
- This person should know how to motivate a fully engaged team, managing and inspiring all employees who contribute to the overall success of the morning show.
- This leader must work collaboratively with other news managers and departments including digital, marketing, and sales to make informed decisions to advance the news product and grow viewership.
- Grasp the content that matters to our communities and know how to bring timely coverage and conversation to our shows every day
- Oversee the morning newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual contributors on the team including, but not limited to, producers, reporters, anchors and editors
- Hold a strong standard for the entire newscast and its content that aligns with audience research and needs
- Lead teams in the creation of unique, shareable content
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Work with the digital desk to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts
- Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director, Digital Director, and Assistant News Director
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.