TEGNA’s ABC affiliate in Sacramento is looking for an experienced and visionary Executive Producer.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading broadcast teams to create relevant, meaningful, and compelling newscasts, teaching direct reports of various experience levels, and thinking strategically about multiple projects to meet the company’s goals. This person has strong leadership skills, a commitment to covering breaking news and providing context and depth, can make quick editorial decisions, and has a willingness to push a team to think creatively daily. You will work collaboratively with other newsroom managers and teams to create innovative content for all platforms and strategize ways to engage a large and growing digital and social audience daily.
- Create urgent, bold, innovative local television, digital and social media content
- Think differently and critically
- Manage multiple newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Plan for original enterprise, special report coverage for on-air, online, and social platforms and coordinate with the news leadership team
- Share in strategic planning, oversight, and execution of big projects and initiatives.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent, digital and production teams
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences.
- Write and teach staff to write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic manner for broadcast.
- Coach journalists how to write and create compelling content for digital
- Teach staff to develop content through social listening and independent sources
- Attention to detail for accuracy and clarity
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover, and distribute content.
- Participates in daily post-mortem meetings, which involve critiquing that day’s shows and growing/developing talent.
- College degree with 3-5 years’ previous management experience; newsroom experience preferred.
- Must be a great communicator and a strong leader.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess solid news judgment and be able to work calmly under deadline pressures.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.