WWL-TV/WUPL-TV in New Orleans is looking for a motivated, innovative leader to oversee the creation and management of engaging, compelling content for all platforms. The Executive Producer will oversee newsroom projects such as new and existing newscasts, digital content and other media as we look to meet our audience where they are and elevate our brand. The ideal candidate will identify engaging content opportunities and increase production value and the overall look of newscasts and collaborate with the digital team to create and distribute content that best aligns with our brand.
This person will also be responsible for daily newsroom operation in conjunction with newsroom leadership. Together they will be tasked with re-imagining content across all platforms as well as the early and late evening newscasts to meet the changing needs of viewers.
This person needs to be a skilled communicator and understand how to manage multiple projects and team members, so management experience is a plus.
- Oversee the transformation of early and late evening newscasts, as well as content on all platforms
- Utilize analytics and data to track success and shape strategy
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling
- Be a newsroom leader and a bold voice in editorial discussions
- Challenge the norm
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance content across platforms
- Oversee multiple media projects to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
- Perform other tasks as required by station leadership
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 3 – 5 years of television/digital experience, preferably with newsroom management experience
- Knowledge of emerging media and innovative techniques for broadcast medium
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.