KVUE News is looking for a highly skilled artistic Visual Storyteller. We are seeking a TV News Photojournalist who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile platforms.
We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team, under tight deadlines, and who are passionate about delivering our viewers top quality visual stories. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques, are proficient with live news gathering tools, and most importantly have a strong work ethic and good attitude.
• Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Member and active participant in NPPA preferred
• SNG experience
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Adobe products
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.