ROLE: Acts as Executive Assistant providing support to VP/General Manager and other station departments needing administrative assistance. Acts as gatekeeper for VP/GM, often communicating with
very high level individuals both inside and outside of the organization.
- Answer and screen incoming calls, e-mails and other inbound contact; manage contacts by routing to appropriate parties or handling complaints/requests in professional manner.
- Using a personal computer, types letters, memos, meeting agendas and other professional communication; edits for grammar, spelling, punctuation; distributes as needed.
- Prioritizes station business for VP/General Manager and other members of management team including meeting requests, charitable/community requests, and other routine business inquiries.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; monitors outside communication, published reports, manages correspondence and files, schedules meetings, provides administrative and general support to other departments as needed
- Summarizes key station business for internal, corporate or public use including materials for use in FCC Public File under the direction of the VP/GM.
- Manages calendars, travel and expense reporting for VP/General Manager and other members of management team; adheres to company guidelines for expenditures and reporting.
- Purchases office supplies and other administrative supplies, coordinates catering for meetings as necessary.
- Assists with station switchboard, helps other department with administrative and clerical needs.
- High school education with concentration in office curriculum with two to three years increasingly responsible administrative assistance experience; some college education preferred.
- Previous experience in fast-paced, deadline-oriented media environment (television, internet, radio, advertising) preferred. Interest in local news, community events and television content is a strength.
- Familiarity with booking corporate travel services and flexibility in order to juggle a variety of often confidential and deadline sensitive tasks.
- Professional demeanor and finesse in communicating with community leaders, elected officials, audience members, television on-air talent, high level internal executive staff and other interested parties.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and overall communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize necessary work assignments.
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs. of miscellaneous office items/
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 199 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
Go to https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ and search for REQ-12936
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar