KPNX-TV in Phoenix is seeking a dynamic Executive Administrative Assistant who will use independent judgment, organization, and creativity to provide executive administrative support for KPNX senior leadership. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of executive and creative support tasks with the ability to work independently and proactively with a positive demeanor.
- Responsible for coordinating calendars, scheduling meetings, composing external correspondence, receiving and routing messages, answering inquiries, processing e-mail, arranging travel and reconciling expenses
- Ideate, organize and create internal staff communications – collaborate with station leadership on developing station announcements, town hall meetings, plus design and program “monitor signage” messaging located throughout building
- Collaborating with General Manager, News Director and Marketing Director, foster a sense of appreciation and connectedness among internal staff. This includes being an idea generator for station-wide culture/teambuilding efforts, including food, hospitality, celebrations, staff gifts
- Communicate with multiple departments with additional administrative duties as needed, including the gathering, collating, and uploading of corporate and industry reports
- Triage incoming email from viewers on a timely basis. Coordinate messaging with appropriate manager. Manage incoming mail, including time sensitive documents
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and communicational skills, tact, poise, and the ability to take independent action while maintaining a strong work ethic, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Proactively demonstrate consistent follow-through, judgment, time management, prioritization, and possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees, company executives and outside companies.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well in supporting a dynamic and fast-paced organization and managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities proactively, with accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail. The position requires a high level of discretion and strict confidentiality of company proprietary information
- College degree (or equivalent) plus minimum of 3 years' experience providing executive or senior leadership-level administrative support
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, ability to work on multiple projects and track multiple deadlines with little follow-up
- In-depth understanding and proficiency with the MS Office suite, with ability to learn new software, systems and technologies. Proficiency with graphic design software (ie.: Adobe Photoshop) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter needing little supervision, demonstrating consistent follow-through, judgment and time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills
- Interest in local TV news
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.