WCYB/WEMT is seeking a dynamic News Anchor for our evening newscast! The person we are seeking to join our on-air team will bring a unique combination of journalistic and broadcasting skills. In this role, you will provide content for our local broadcast and digital platforms, as well as maintain a robust presence on WCYB/WEMT social media pages.
WCYB/WEMT is looking for a dynamic full-time News Anchor. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be a team leader. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! In addition to studio anchoring, you will be field-anchoring and turning original story content for our newscasts on a regular basis. Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Smooth/pleasant on-air delivery
- Strong writing skills and news judgment
- Sharp video shooting and editing skills
- Exemplary communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
- You must have at least 3 years of on-air experience
- Live commercial television experience is a must
- Strong "in-the-field and live" skills
- Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
- Ability to copy edit, proofread and review news scripts for broadcast
- Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
- Must be active on social media and digital platforms
- Ability to represent the station as a “Brand Ambassador” at community and promotional events
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group