KYTX is looking for a multi-skilled, multi-talented journalist to help lead this newsroom in one of the fastest-growing small markets in the country. We are not just looking for an anchor to feature as on the desk as one of our lead anchors at 6:30pm and 10pm, we’re looking for someone to welcome the challenge of becoming a face of this growing station in a highly competitive market. Our anchors are “working” anchors who report and turn content that speaks to our audience.
You will be asked to lead, on and off camera. On the air you will need to be able deliver everything from breaking news to lighter moments in a conversational style. You’ll also be asked to contribute content on a regular basis. We are a station that puts a premium on anchor contributions. Off camera we’ll ask you to become a leader in the newsroom with a sound editorial voice and a passion to make our product the best it can be. You’ll also be part of all major station events and initiatives.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with at least 2-3 of anchoring.
- The ability to write compelling copy and tell engaging stories is a must as is an understanding of current content gathering and production techniques.
- Preferably all of that comes with someone who truly loves this job and telling the stories of the people watching.
- At it’s heart journalism is vital but it can also be fun. Having someone who gets that is important.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.