At THV11 in Little Rock, we can't wait to add a creative, engaging, and enterprising evening Anchor to our news team.
We are looking for an anchor who is more than a news reader but who can help inspire change in our community. The successful candidate will be an excellent story-teller with top-notch interviewing, live, and taped reporting skills. We want someone who believes in the importance of real journalism who will help lead the team to find and defend the truth, and tell the stories of our community. The evening Anchor is a newsroom leader who will be one of the faces of the station in charge of developing contacts and relationships in the community enabling them to create and present unique, compelling, and innovative stories of interest. This role involve early evening and 10pm anchoring.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content of the newscasts.
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced, urgent and innovative newscasts.
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Minimum 5 years news anchor/reporting experience
- Journalist and/or Communication degree preferred
- Understand the tenets of professional Journalism
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.