WGME CBS13 / WPFO FOX23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We hire talented people who wish to excel in the television and digital content industry. Our team is filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We are currently seeking a qualified Broadcast Engineer to join our team.
WGME CBS13 / WPFO FOX23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We hire talented people who wish to excel in the television and digital content industry. Our team is filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We are currently seeking a qualified Broadcast Engineer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes, but is not limited to, server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editing systems, production switchers, routing switchers, automation workflows, Windows and Linux based computer systems, data networking, and broadcast transmission equipment. They will also be directly responsible for general building maintenance and hands-on support of office equipment.
- Provide engineering/IT support and installation of electronic systems for building occupants as assigned
- Maintain and repair transmitters, receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, monitors and display systems
- Support of on-site installation, service and repair of workstations and servers for PC/Linux hardware and software
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and associate engineers on technical issues and project progress as required
- Perform all work to engineering standards and practices
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel outside of station including to transmitter will be required
- You will need to do shifts and vacation coverage for Master Control which could include Floor Director responsibilities
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors or Associates in a technical degree preferred but not required
- Working knowledge or prior experience in Broadcasting preferred.
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs or ladders
- Able to work at elevated heights
- The ability to work in all outdoor weather conditions
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group