We’re seeking an Engineering Manager who will coordinate our Master Control Hub and support evening Newscast technical operations.
WSTM-TV is seeking an Engineering Manager who will coordinate our Master Control Hub and support evening newscast technical operations by working closely with the Director of Engineering, Chief Engineer, Department Heads, and staff members throughout all departments. The Engineering Manager will help ensure our success by delivering the highest quality programming to our viewers. This position requires a personable, skilled communicator who can work independently, manage multiple priorities and encourage team members to succeed. It will be a highly collaborative environment where the Engineering Manager’s input and insight will be encouraged and recognized.
The Engineering Manager will directly manage Master Control operations, responding to all manner of technical and operational challenges, failures and questions, and occasionally working Master Control shifts. The Engineering Manager will be provided continual ongoing training and support, and will in turn impart this training to Master Control Operators. Documentation will be developed to ensure that knowledge gained during Master Control operations is permanently available for reference by all. There will also be occasional work sessions alongside the other Engineers during various installation and repair projects.
- We require a minimum two-year degree in Radio/TV Production or Electronic Technology, or equivalent professional experience.
- A minimum five-year successful employment history in broadcasting or a similar field is essential. SBE Certification is a plus.
- A successful candidate will have a broad range of experience in all facets of broadcast technical operations, such as IT (PC installation/operation, networking, wiring, help desk), Master Control, equipment installation/operation/maintenance, supporting other team members who use technology, etc.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken communication, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We seek a person mature enough to admit what they don’t know, and who is clever and persistent enough to continually discover and learn as broadcast technology evolves.
- Reliable transportation, and ability to occasionally respond to after-hours emergencies is required. Broadcasting is a 24/7 business, so occasional weekend and holiday work will occur.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group