Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at http://www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Requirements of position:
- Be able to operate for extended periods in extremes of heat and cold, wind, rain, ice and snow.
- Be able to travel on foot, for extended distances, on steep grades, at high altitude, in adverse conditions, carrying tools & equipment.
- Be able to operate and/or travel on Off-Highway Vehicles including ATVs, snowmobiles, and snowcats.
- Be able to conduct basic vehicle services such as: winching and recovery operations, tire chain application, flat tire repair & replacement.
- Be able to operate at significant height from the ground, using ladders, man lifts, and climbing safety equipment.
- Be able to lift and carry a weight of up to 50lbs, and lift and position such weights overhead.
- Be able to stand for extended periods, crouch, crawl, climb, bend, descend to and rise from the ground, and operate in any combination of such positions.
Knowledge and experience operating outdoors in remote areas a strong plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar