PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Editor to add to our award-winning news team. You need to be a motivated team player with some nonlinear editing experience. We currently edit using Adobe Premiere Pro. The primary responsibilities of the ENG Editor are to edit, organize, cue, and play media for newscasts.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have experience with non-linear editing.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or six months to one-year related experience and/or training.
- Ability to exercise judgment to select shots and video and audio.
- Decides allocation of some technical resources to a news story.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, stress, and deadlines.
- Must be able to work well with people.
- Must be able to work overnights, weekends, holidays.
- A valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
1. Monitors editing load to make sure stories needed for airing are available.
2. Edits all national news video and recuts local videos for all newscasts.
3. Locate file footage and tapes for stories: edits, as necessary.
4. Dubs and edits for exchange with other stations.
5. Monitors video during newscasts.
6. Set up live microwave, and satellite feeds.
7. Assists in keeping tape file and archive.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar