KCEN-TV is looking for an exceptional Editor/Digital Content Producer. Candidates must have a strong understanding of editing video for news and the concepts of producing a newscast. The ideal candidate will have a multitude of talents including the ability to edit video and track down information through interviews, public records searches and social media. Our producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content. Candidates must also have a strong ability to write in AP style. The ability to continuously multi-task is critical.
- Edit video for morning newscast Monday-Friday
- Produce content for digital platforms including kcentv.com, and social media sites
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content for newscasts
- Enterprise stories to turn for digital exclusives
- Work with reporters and anchors to produce high quality edited video
- Use social listening to help identify key stories that will build social engagement
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, on platforms to include YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.