The Early Career Recruiter is a new role and an exciting opportunity for someone to build a successful early talent recruiting and development program. You will acquire an extensive understanding of Hearst Television’s core roles and programs. In return, you will excite early career talent and students about their career with Hearst Television. You will identify target colleges and universities across our 26 markets and act as our liaison to attract students and recent graduates. You will build relationships with hiring managers across multiple functional areas, grow a strong understanding of our brand and develop a diverse pipeline of early career talent to fill a variety of roles. This role requires in-office presence, on-campus attendance, and willingness to travel.
- Research, recommend and implement recruiting plans for designated schools, universities, HBCUs, diversity partners, etc.
- Develop long-term business relationships with college professors, deans, career planning and placement staff, student leaders and alumni of the specific college or university
- Campus and early career recruitment management; responsibilities include but are not limited to sourcing, screening, interviewing, and formulating and extending offers
- Ensure a strong awareness of employer value proposition at targeted schools, universities, and other partners
- Serve in a consultative manner with managers and candidates
- Collaborate with hiring managers, internal recruiters, and the HR team
- Candidate management – acting as the main point of contact (champion) for students throughout the campus recruiting process and at hiring events
- Host on-campus events and activities
- Develop internal recruiting events
- Supervise all facets of applicant tracking via our system, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness of data collected and submitted
- Support internal Fellowship and Internship programs
- 2+ years of professional experience in either campus recruiting, program management or other HR related areas.
- Military Experience will be considered
- Ability to demonstrate and support a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a positive and can-do personality and work style
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality, exhibit integrity and work well under pressure
- Ability to persuade and influence business leaders and exhibit the confidence to make solid recommendations on strategies and hiring recommendations
- Passion to work with early career talent
- Knowledge of resume databases and applicant tracking systems
- Familiarity with social media sourcing
- Desire to stay abreast of sourcing strategies
- Excellent networking and communication skills
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. The radio stations are leaders in Baltimore news/talk and rock music listenership. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst.
Click here to apply.
Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, MO; Omaha, NE; Oklahoma City, OK