WLTX News19, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Columbia, SC has a unique opportunity for a visionary Director of Sales to lead a best-in-class sales team. We are looking for a leader who is an inspiring, positive, results-oriented and confident executive, with a track record of recruiting and retaining highly successful sales teams and building an outstanding sales culture. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to help our team and our clients navigate a complex advertising and media consumption environment.
You will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for achieving WLTX’s revenue goals.
As the Director of Sales, you will:
- Achieve or exceed annual linear and digital revenue goals with an emphasis on enterprise revenue development.
- Recruit, develop, retain and supervise an elite, highly performing sales team.
- Work collaboratively across all WLTX departments, including content, marketing and technology.
- Develop strong relationships with local and national clients and key business decision makers to accelerate business opportunities.
- Lead change effectively and embrace new product opportunities.
- Lead efforts for Olympics, Super Bowl and all high profile “big event” opportunities.
- Price and manage inventory to meet and exceed budget goals with accurate forecasting and excellent yield management skills.
- Develop and implement creative, multi-platform customer solutions that meet client objectives and generate incremental revenue.
- Optimize the vast product set, training opportunities, vendor and consulting resources available to TEGNA and WLTX.
- Serve as a representative of WLTX in the business community through board service and/or community involvement.
- Travel on a regular basis to attend sales-related functions, client meetings and national market trips.
- Five or more years of proven successful sales management with knowledge of all facets of TV broadcast and digital sales and marketing
- Experience as a local sales manager, national sales manager and/or rep firm experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage a large staff with various skill sets
- Ability to think and lead strategically, a proven problem solver and thought leader
- Must be able to work under pressure with changing priorities and goals
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Wide Orbit, Saleforce and Sharebuilder experience desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY