WGRZ – 2OnYourSide – NBC Buffalo, NY
We strive to make our community a better place to live
WGRZ, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY has a rare opportunity for a visionary Director of Sales to lead a best in class sales team. We are looking for a leader who is an inspiring, positive, results oriented and confident executive, with a track record of recruiting and retaining highly successful sales teams and building an outstanding sales culture. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to help our team and our clients navigate a complex advertising and media consumption environment.
You will report to the President and General Manager and will be responsible for achieving WGRZ’s revenue goals.
As the Director of Sales, you will:
- Achieve or exceed annual broadcast and digital revenue goals with an emphasis on enterprise revenue development.
- Recruit, develop, retain and supervise an elite, highly performing sales team.
- Work collaboratively across all WGRZ departments, including content, marketing and technology.
- Develop strong relationships with local and national clients and key business decision makers to accelerate business opportunities.
- Lead change effectively and embrace new product opportunities.
- Price and manage inventory to meet and exceed budget goals with accurate forecasting and excellent yield management skills.
- Develop and implement creative, multi-platform customer solutions that meet client objectives and generate incremental revenue.
- Optimize the vast product set, training opportunities, vendor and consulting resources available to WGRZ.
- Serve as a representative of WGRZ in the business community through board service and/or community involvement.
- Travel, as needed, to attend sales related functions, client meetings and national market trips.
- Five or more years of proven successful sales management with knowledge of all facets of TV broadcast and digital sales and marketing
- Experience as a local sales manager, national sales manager and/or rep firm experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage a large staff with various skill sets
- Ability to think and lead strategically, a proven problem solver and thought leader
- Must be able to work under pressure with changing priorities and goals
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Wide Orbit, Matrix, Nielsen, and Comscore experience desirable
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.