WMAZ-TV, the CBS affiliate in Macon, GA has an immediate opening for our next Director of Marketing. This role oversees the marketing and promotion of the station’s well- established, legacy brand. This position will inspire a dedicated marketing team and serve on the executive leadership team. We seek a collaborative partner for our news director and director of sales who will help grow ratings, audience engagement, and strengthen our community partnerships.
The ideal candidate will provide examples of effective promotion, organized strategic planning, the ability to read and react to research and a proven track record of inspiring and coaching employees.
- Conceptualizing and engineering the creation of compelling, multiplatform, original station image and news campaigns and when necessary, execute all elements personally. These campaigns must clearly and creatively reach stated goals and reinforce the station’s brand. Concepts must work in all media including TV, digital, social, mobile.
- Proactively creating opportunities for audiences to connect with our content by developing annual and quarterly strategic plans, prioritizing key marketing messages and generating breakthrough concepts and strategies.
- Ensuring the team is a high-performing unit that is well developed via training, ongoing feedback, development opportunities and regular performance appraisals.
- Collaborating regularly with content leaders on audience development strategies. Applying data, analytics and insights to marketing campaigns.
- Serving as a key leader in the development and implementation of plans that unite and align content, sales, community and social.
- Working closely with the local sales team on innovative campaigns that fulfill client needs, drive client results, and increase the generation of non-traditional/new business revenue.
- Creating data-driven, targeted, and integrated media plans that leverage off-channel spends, trade partners, co-op budgets and other tactics. Integration of community relations partnerships is imperative, too.
- Being a brand champion in all station efforts. Educating stakeholders on brand and how to incorporate brand-thinking into their individual work areas.
- Consumer marketing experience with a promotion-specific record of success especially in broadcast, cable, digital or agency (marketing/digital/advertising).
- Must understand the value of promotions placement across multiple mediums as a fundamental driver in executing the brand strategy.
- Television experience preferred but not required. College Degree in Marketing preferred.
- A planner by nature, must be able to operate with a sense of urgency in the present and be constantly looking 6-18 months out to bring organization, order, and planning to the larger marketing team.
- Insight-driven with an ability to work with local research resources, data analytics platforms and 3rd party vendors to garner insights and translate those into effective, measurable marketing strategies.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline-oriented, fast-paced team environment, juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours in breaking news situations.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.