TEGNA’s Seattle-based NBC affiliate, KING 5 is The Home Team to some of the best media professionals in Seattle and in the nation. Our team is now looking for a creative, forward-thinking Director of Market Development. This role is responsible for the development and execution of new and existing initiatives that utilize content and native marketing, digital, social, OTT and on-air products.
The Home Team consists of multiple broadcast (KING/NBC, KONG/Indy), Premion and digital products in the 12th largest media market in the country. KING 5 is headquartered in a city and region that has experienced one of the most significant economic growth rates in the country. Our region is full of opportunity and home to many world class companies, including Starbucks, Amazon, Microsoft, Costco, Boeing and Nordstrom. This position reports to the Director of Sales and must guide and coach the sales team’s business development activities including identifying non-traditional clients and revenue sources.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Winning, inclusive, supportive and fun culture
- Leading and innovative media products
- Resources to set you up for success
- Growth opportunities within KING5 and TEGNA
- Generous benefits – put in more detail
- Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
- Hybrid in-office schedule
What you will do:
Work with sales management and sales team to roll-out, customize and execute sales initiatives to drive new and direct business.
- Lead cross-departmental teams to develop (brainstorming, campaign strategy, presentation development) and execute large scale projects and sponsorships (execution, fulfillment recaps, renewals).
- Serve as the liaison with content and marketing teams at KING & TEGNA Marketing to develop and maximize the full potential of station initiatives and sponsorships.
- Actively work with sales leadership team and account executives to identify existing sponsorship opportunities or develop custom integrated marketing solutions for clients based on specific needs, timing and budget
- Network with C-suite and community leaders, develop partnerships with non-traditional advertisers and develop strong multi-level relationships with direct and agency clients.
- Manage sales efforts and accurately forecast content marketing revenue for local programing and large sponsorships; such as Best of Western Washington, Evening & New Day Northwest.
- Directly manage a Marketing Strategist on the sales team.
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/marketing experience in a mid to a large market.
- Proven sales leader with record of sales achievement.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Effective driver of integrated revenue and strategy.
- Ability to prioritize critical functions to ensure individual and team success.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint, specifically building internal and client facing presentations
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.