WTHR in Indianapolis, IN is looking for a creative, dynamic newsroom leader to help guide and grow our content to reach and ever changing audience. The Director of Innovation will be a key figure in newsroom leadership helping to constantly reassess the best way to reach viewers. The ideal candidate will work not only with the newsroom but between departments to create deep, rich, engaging content. This person will oversee newscasts and newsgathering operations in addition to launching new shows, initiatives and series across platforms. We are looking for a leader with vision to help us chart the future of one of the country’s great television newsroom.
- High-level of organization to tackle multiple projects at once including news-of-the-day operations
- Ability to manage multiple schedules for team of creative producers and reporters
- Oversee multiple media projects to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Launch a new innovative broadcast in addition to original series and franchise ideas across platforms
- Utilize analytics and data to track success and shape strategy
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling
- Be a newsroom leader and a bold voice in editorial discussions
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
- Exceptional news judgment
- Proven track record of innovation, skill and leadership
- Experience in content generation
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.