KIII-TV in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is seeking an experienced journalist to lead our digital and OTT platforms as DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL CONTENT. The ideal candidate is an adaptive, innovative and strategic thinker, one who sees the bigger picture and looks for ways to differentiate content across all platforms to grow audience and engagement.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the News Director to prioritize and set short and long-term goals and serve as the primary liaison for implementing digital sales projects
- Analyze and actively use data and metrics to inform editorial and strategic decisions
- Manage digital content team and lead digital strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement
- Chart station’s digital content and growth strategy
- Oversee all station efforts in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and OTT platforms
- Teach, coach and mentor young digital journalists
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping improve the lives of the people we serve. We plan to invest in you and your career. We want the station to be successful, but we also want to help you reach your career goals.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. And you’re never far from the beach. You can live downtown, live in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from having your toes in the water.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
- At least 5 years of content experience
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Texas/regional knowledge is a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.