WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for an individual passionate about building relationships in the community to fill a Director of Community Affairs role. In this role, you will make an impact by maintaining the stations public affairs and community outreach efforts. In addition, this role will also coordinate production of station Editorials and Public Service messaging, manage station sanctioned community projects, events, festivals and (501-C3) partnerships, including the creation of new community initiatives. This is a Department Head level position that works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (WTAE-TV, WTAE.com, COZI TV). This is an exciting opportunity to leverage the current relationships WTAE has in the community while also having the opportunity to build new ones.
A thorough understanding of HTV policies and regulations will be a part of the training process.
- Responsible for WTAE???s Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects and serving on WTAE???s Editorial Board.
- Direct liaison between the station and all its community/public affairs events and partnerships.
- Strategic coordination of all talent appearances in conjunction with News Director & Creative Services Director.
- Working closely to support and lead WTAE community events in addition to seeking out new relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Consistent visibility within the community with key station partners/events.
- Experience building relationships with a variety of community partners or relationship building in a similar capacity.
- Experience managing events from inception to event completion.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a positive and can-do personality and work style.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Military training and experience from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE