WKYC is looking for a Director to join our team that is creative, hard-working and has a passion for directing both broadcast and digital content. Must possess strong production skills in a live newscast environment in all areas technical, creative and aesthetic. Applicant must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure in a high energy team environment. Our directors work closely with producers and other staff/crew to present a variety of programming including information/entertainment programming, public affairs, sports programming, specials, and especially daily newscasts. They are expected to contribute to all assignments in a variety of areas creatively and technically.
- Program and operate ELC automation system for newscasts and various types of local programming.
- Maintain technical integrity of shows working with established technical equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of newsroom computer systems ie: ENPS or similar.
- Assist production staff in all areas of studio operation.
- At least 1 year of directing experience, preferably in production automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sony ELC automation system (or similar), Sony video switcher, Chyron Graphics, ENPS and Bitcentral Precis video playback system.
- Strong computer aptitude a must and proficient in all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability and flexibility to work any shift including overnights, mornings, daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Non-Linear editing skills a plus.
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Application must be accompanied by a demo reel of recent and relevant work.
- Must meet TEGNA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.