WBIR, Tegna’s NBC station in Knoxville, is looking for a motivated, creative person to join our team as a digital video producer. This position is part of the digital team at WBIR, responsible for providing news coverage across our platforms, including the website, mobile app, YouTube, Roku and Amazon Fire apps.
This person should have strong writing and editing skills. This is the perfect opportunity a person who has an audience-first approach to producing and distributing WBIR video content. This position is full-time, hourly and reports to the Director of Digital Content.
This person should have a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. A digital video producer is also responsible for quality content and audience experience on all WBIR digital, social and streaming platforms. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience. They work as part of the larger content team to break news and tell great stories on all platforms in a 24/7 environment.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with news leadership and across the newsroom to produce and optimize videos for all digital platforms. This also includes content coverage.
- Utilize existing high-quality video, photos or user generated content to produce new or supplementary videos for WBIR platforms
- Help build robust video playlists/libraries for WBR’s YouTube channel and OTT apps (Fire TV and Roku)
- Produce and direct live stream programs or events, and helps manage an upcoming 24/7 digital stream
- Pitch and produce content for all screens
- Write engaging video headlines, and abstracts utilizing keywords and SEO best practices
- Create captivating video thumbnails using TubeBuddy or Photoshop
- Analyze video metrics to find trends that can help direct the WBIR video strategy
- Monitor social chatter and track trending stories via CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of digital/video content.
- This will be a hybrid role. You will be helping the digital team during the week with content including breaking news and work as a digital producer during the weekend mornings.
- Implement best practices on WBIR digital platforms.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WBIR 10News brand across platforms.
- 1-3 years as a digital producer and/or video editor
- Knowledge of non-linear video editing software, including but not limited to EDIUS or Adobe Premiere
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Knowledge of AP style, SEO best practices, headline writing, proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Experience with online content management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to work under constant time-pressure deadlines
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, video or similar field
- Basic graphic production skills and knowledge
- Skills in producing engaging content
- Knowledge of broadcast content management systems (ENPS or iNews)
- Bilingual a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.