KING 5 in Seattle is looking for a motivated, creative person to join our team as a digital video producer. This position is part of the digital team at KING 5, responsible for providing news coverage across our platforms, including the website, mobile app, YouTube, Roku and Amazon Fire apps.
This person should be a passionate visual storyteller with strong writing and editing skills who thrives in a high-stress environment. This is the perfect opportunity for a young journalist who has an audience-first approach to producing and distributing KING 5 video content. This position is full-time, hourly, non-union and reports to the Director of Digital Media.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with news leadership and across the newsroom to produce videos for all digital platforms
- Utilize existing high-quality video, photos or user generated content to produce new or supplementary videos for KING 5 platforms
- Help build robust video libraries for KING 5’s YouTube channel and OTT apps
- Produce and direct live stream programs or events, and helps manage an upcoming 24-7 digital stream
- Pitch and produce content for all screens
- Write engaging video headlines, and abstracts utilizing keywords and SEO best practices
- Create captivating video thumbnails using TubeBuddy or Canva
- Analyze video metrics to find trends that can help direct the KING 5 video strategy
- Write articles on occasion and fill-in as a digital producer when necessary
- 1-3 years as a digital producer or video editor
- Knowledge of non-linear video editing software, especially EDIUS
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Knowledge of AP style, SEO best practices, headline writing
- Experience with online CMS systems
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, video or similar field
- Advanced knowledge of motion graphics video software, including Adobe suite of products
- Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
- Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.