The successful candidate will create news content for our website, mobile apps and all social media platforms.
We’re looking for a good writer with excellent news judgment, and the ability to gauge what’s important to local audiences. Web producers must be able to gather information and write news stories accurately, clearly and quickly. Web producers also edit photos and manage live streams. Working knowledge of any non-linear video editing system and web publishing systems is preferred. Knowledge of Photoshop is also a plus.
- Write, produce and manage engaging content over a variety of digital platforms
- Lead breaking news coverage on all digital platforms
- Be able to handle high-pressure environment
- Manage deadlines
- Produce and publish slideshows, stories, videos and other interactive content
- Ability to gather information for news stories and coverage
- Must be willing to work weekends, unusual shifts and holidays
- Knowledge of AP writing style preferred
- Previous experience with CMS platforms preferred
- Previous experience with non-linear editing a plus
- Photoshop experience is a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.