WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader, has an immediate opening for a full-time creative Digital/Social Media Field Reporter! The candidate will be responsible for creating unique content with high engagement potential.
WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader, has an immediate opening for a full-time creative Digital/Social Media Field Reporter! The candidate will be responsible for creating unique content with high engagement potential. Content will come from the field, armed with a cell phone or small camera, gathering stories not otherwise on broadcast but with high digital value. Content will also be gathered in-house. The successful candidate will identify stories that require added depth. This is a strategic position aimed at getting additional clicks on unique stories. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The candidate must have at least 2 years of content creating experience at a television station or other digital newsgathering outlet. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and daily goals as well as:
- Ability to identify digitally relevant stories in the field and in the newsroom
- Report on daily events, turning shareable content for NBC 10 digital and social platforms
- Be adept at capturing content with a mobile phone or digital camera and editing on appropriate platforms
- Capture search engine attention with headlines, thumb-stopper images, clipped video, and sound bites
- Execute story formatting with photo galleries, embeds, pull quotes, and contextual links
- Help plan coverage for big social events, including weather and the major New England sports teams
- Work with on-air staff to improve their social media output, including training and feedback
- Monitor social analytics to see where NBC 10 can improve
- Utilize Avid, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop to create shareable content
- Candidate must be proficient with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other emerging forms of social media
- Digital photography skills are a must
- Strong ability to multi-task
When applying, please include a recent web link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group