KGW Media Group, located on the scenic Willamette River Valley in Portland, OR seeks a Digital Sales Manager to join our Sales Leadership team. The ideal candidate will be adept at developing and executing winning strategies that deliver customized customer solutions, using TEGNA’s suite of media platforms. Our next digital sales leader will come with a proven track record and passion for managing people, achieving revenue goals and growing a digital sales culture.
KGW walks the walk when it comes to service to the Portland area and SW Washington communities. We are a trusted partner, going above and beyond to help local business thrive. When you join our team, you will be “raising the bar” to reach even higher success in providing client results, offering best in the business products such as Premion, our award-winning streaming video platform.
- Define, develop and communicate customized strategies to demonstrate the value of digital campaigns and grow sales
- Build active pipeline of integrated sales opportunities and close business while collaborating with local sales team to drive results for client;
- Manage the startup process of all digital campaigns
- Monitor all digital campaigns pacing and effectiveness to ensure campaign delivery
- Report monthly metrics and campaign results to the account executives and assist account executives in interpreting the results to the client
- Manage and communicate inventory sell through percentages and avails to staff for all digital solutions
- Serve as the in-market digital product expert with ability to share and impart digital product knowledge to the entire sales team;
- Assist in the development of sales presentations
- Attend sales calls as the digital expert on our product offerings
- Utilize TEGNA Attribution and industry leading OTT solution PREMION;
- Hire, onboard, develop, manage, train and coach account executives, account managers and digital fulfillment team members;
- Build a pipeline of high-quality future talent;
- Network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay updated on emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of advertising, media or digital sales experience
- Three years of sales management experience
- A track record of building and leading teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing with expert level OTT
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and other mediums (broadcast, radio, print)
- Ability to synthesize complex issues into manageable solutions both internally and externally.
- Google AdWords and Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) certifications highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners
- Must possess a winning attitude, great energy, and enthusiasm for their craft
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.