KENS 5 has an excellent opportunity for a creative, cutting-edge journalist to join our innovative team as a Digital Content Producer specializing in social media engagement. We’re looking for an ambitious, dedicated communicator to help us reach our audience across all platforms.
- You'll be part of the KENS 5 digital team and help produce KENS5.com, the KENS 5 app and KENS 5 social media channels.
- You'll use your nose for news and interest in local happenings to create engaging content for all of our digital platforms.
- You'll spread your creative wings and work on great stories, videos and “deep dives” to connect with our digital audience.
- You'll help us create original, innovative content as you stream video or produce live video shows from our dedicated digital studio.
- As the social media specialist, you’ll advise digital managers about emerging trending topics on social media channels so we can develop a cross-platform strategy to maximize audience connection with the content.
- You’ll use your social media expertise to “level-up” other digital producers so our social media response is consistent across all dayparts.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Writing, publishing and updating content for KENS5.com and the KENS 5 app.
- Working with our digital team to develop engaging, high-performing social media posts, including specially designed images and videos for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other emerging platforms.
- Researching, creating and integrating original content, including text, images, video and social media.
- Writing and producing breaking news stories and launching live streams for web and social platforms.
- Participating in news meetings and working with news staff to develop digital content opportunities.
- Understanding and achieving metric goals for platform visitors, video views and audience retention.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- College degree in journalism, mass communications or marketing.
- At least two years of professional digital content production experience preferred.
- Solid digital news background with experience covering breaking news.
- Demonstrated ability to reach audience with engaging headlines and social media posts.
- Strong understanding of AP Style, including ability to rapidly edit and/or rewrite stories.
- Self-starter with creative and aggressive approach to driving digital results.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines.
- Experience appearing on air as a news or digital reporter is a plus.
- Experience working with a digital content management system.
- Experience with editing in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including regular weekend and holiday shifts.
Qualified journalists should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter telling us about your aspirations as a digital journalist.
- Resume describing how your professional experience and education fits this role.
- Links to examples of your on-air appearances and/or digital stories you’ve written and produced, if applicable.
- Links to examples of your work on social media channels, including examples of exceptional social engagement and a description of the strategies you employed.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.