KSEE and KGPE, the NBC and CBS affiliates in Fresno, California, are seeking a Digital Executive Producer to lead the team on all digital platforms and in-depth content. This manager in the news department will report to the News Director and will supervise a team of digital content producers, as well as coordinate with the marketing and sales departments. Position interfaces regularly with corporate digital managers on local and group projects and conducts training and metrics meetings.
The Digital Executive Producer will be an in-house expert on all digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a seasoned journalist with strong news judgment and understanding of media law and ethics, advanced experience with digital publishing, analysis of metrics and social media strategy, as well as advanced technical skills with content management systems.
This position will report directly to the News Director and will oversee the team assigned to digital, projects, planning and training. The Executive Producer will be given specific content creation goals which include, but are not limited to, development of video programming on digital platforms, strategies for increasing content consumption, setting the standards for content production, training the full staff based on trends and opportunities and other assignments as assigned.
- Acts as the key editorial leader for news content on digital platforms
- Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while contributing to and executing a strategy for growth
- Writes stories and posts videos for websites, apps, social media, and other digital platforms
- Works with producers, reporters, and anchors to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts
- Acts as a liaison between the digital news team and other areas of the station, including promotions, and sales
- Oversees the digital contributions of news staff members, and provides guidance to help improve their work
- Builds special sections for websites and apps using content management systems
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone
- Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws
- Participates in daily editorial meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
- Digital management experience in television newsroom preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a digital role preferred.
- Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Photoshop, and ENPS preferred.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
- Ability to work extended hours and on call as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Executive Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Digital Content Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar