The Rockford Region is just a stone’s throw from Chicago, settled along the banks of the Rock River and the serene rolling green hills of Northern Illinois. We have all the amenities of a Big City, but with a Small-Town easy feel.
Looking for stuff to do? Well we got tons. Check it out right here: things to do.
From our Downtown City Market to Food Truck Tuesday, it’s pretty tough to beat Rockford for unique eating venues and top-notch local restaurants.
We’re a welcoming community, a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow. And without all the hassles of big city congestion. Welcome to the real heart of America, the Rockford Region.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing! Our brand is Your Home Team. And we live it every day with the most tenured news team, Eyewitness News!
We offer more news and locally produced programming than any other station in the market as well as unmatched digital delivery on https://www.mystateline.com/.
WTVO Channel 17 and WQRF FOX 39 is seeking a full-time Digital Content Producer.
The Digital Content Producer will produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms daily including creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air. Will work with station Digital Lead.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce, organize, write, and edit content for newscast
- Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms
- Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites
- Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms
- Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
- Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Company, the FCC, and all other federal, state and local laws; ensuring content complies with legal requirements concerning libel, slander and First Amendment laws
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in journalism or related field
- Understand the importance of social media
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
- Responds positively to feedback
- Proficiency in Associated Press style.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Basic HTML a plus
- Daily newspaper or news site experience a plus
- CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar