10 Tampa Bay, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Tampa, is hiring a digital producer to produce daily content across 10 Tampa Bay’s digital and social platforms. This position will report to the managing editor of digital, who is responsible for overall digital strategy.
In this role, you will be responsible for digital content creation – including in breaking news, sports and weather events. You will be involved in launching live streams, writing articles, editing videos, creating social graphics and working with reporters to have daily content showcased to its highest potential across platforms.
You will help reinforce our brand identity through engaging social media content that drives awareness for our products. In this role, you will frequently interface with the investigative unit, planning unit, and weather team to deliver compelling content that contributes to our KPIs.
- Write articles, clip videos, post on social media, send push alerts and all other reporting efforts required of digital producers.
- Work with digital leadership to execute web strategies to achieve identified goals
- Help spearhead breaking news efforts across digital, mobile, streaming, social and audio platforms
- Assist with all 10 Tampa Bay digital, mobile, social, audio and streaming products, with an emphasis on ensuring quality in content, SEO strategy, story layouts, headline testing, and conversational push alerts, etc.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform content decisions, in consultation with the senior digital producer
- Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with 10 Tampa Bay and AP style guidance
- Work alongside multi-skilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on production of their content for digital audiences
- Understand the workflow and expectations of the assignment desk and digital team
- Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, CBS affiliates and other partners
- Uphold the 10 Tampa Bay brand in all you do, from interacting with colleagues to producing content
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism to make editorial decisions
- 2-4 years of experience in digital content production in fast-paced news environments
- Strong AP writing and editing skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Experience with content management systems
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit
- Basic image and video editing skills
- Strong understanding of digital and social media analytics and metrics
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Flexibility to work weekend and holiday shifts and be in the digital on-call rotation
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.