WKYC, TEGNA's NBC affiliate in Cleveland, OH, is searching for an experienced and motivated Digital Operations Manager to help lead audience experience and day-to-day production of editorial content and across digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for digital products and champion audience experience, this is a great opportunity. The ideal candidate is a journalist and problem-solver who’s super comfortable with various digital platforms like CMS, social and analytics.
This position will help manage the operations side of our digital team, while also guiding editorial decision-making across all platforms. As a newsroom leader, the Digital Operations Manager will have a voice in editorial and leadership meetings alike.
- Serve as the digital product expert in the newsroom by managing various systems and processes that impact the digital audience experience. For example, election results, app layouts and streaming schedules.
- Work with the digital team and overall newsroom to coordinate daily digital news efforts and oversees digital efforts – including story selecting, reporting, writing, editing, distributing and live-streaming
- Train others in the newsroom on TEGNA’s digital products and best practices, including but not limited to CMS and analytics tools, but also SEO, YouTube, etc.
- Help lead newsroom editorial meetings to make decisions based on social listening, digital data and live metrics.
- Aggressively cover breaking news for digital/social platforms through articles, videos, breaking news alerts, live-streams and social media posts.
- Manage social media security for station branded accounts and support on-air journalists with social media issues such as hacks and verification.
- Be an excellent multitasker and comfortable in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Champion original, digital-first content production for station platforms.
- Guide team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening to be audience-focused with coverage.
- Minimum 5 years producing digital and social content in a newsroom
- 3 years of experience in a leadership position
- Skilled copy editor
- Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML and live-stream technology
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms and how they contribute to overall success
- Keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
- BS/BA in related field – journalism, communications, broadcast, digital media
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.