Are you looking for a challenging opportunity in a newsroom with a positive culture? We are hiring for a motivated and creative Digital News Producer to help our growing team in Springfield, Missouri. You must have a passion for journalism and great storytelling.
This role is responsible for updating local website, curating high-performing content, crafting homepage layouts driven by data, and helping to report news — everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
- Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
- Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be the quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
- Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
- Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
- Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
- Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
- Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast
- Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
- Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar