The Digital Producer/ MMJ leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
- Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
- Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
- Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
- Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
- Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
- Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
- Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
- Produces reports for all platforms
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
- Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
- Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
- CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
- Responds positively to feedback
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Strong writing, communication, and people skills
Degree in journalism, multi-media arts, communications, television production or another related field preferred.
Strong knowledge of how content management systems work preferred (HTML, CSS, XML and PHP/SQL)
Ability to write thorough stories with compelling headlines
Experienced with web-publishing tools
Clear editorial judgment
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Create, edit and publish content on digital platforms, including website, mobile app and social media
Perform tasks with urgency, immediacy and accuracy
Cast a wide net for content on both broadcast and digital, including searches of social media sites, public records and documents, and other sources
Work irregular/odd hours and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Think strategically about growing our digital audiences and ways we can improve content choices
Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new and emerging technologies
Additional responsibilities as assigned by management including general Assignment Editor duties.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar