The audio revolution is here! Radio has more reach than TV. Americans spend 31% of their media time with audio, and you can help marketers build partnerships that connect with them. Podcasting is the fastest-growing medium and Digital audio has grown every year for the last decade. Wireless headphones mean consumers’ ears are now connected 24×7. Podcasters and radio hosts are the new influencers with massively engaged, super-fan armies. New digital audio data, insights and analytics tools are making it easier than ever to marketers to plan, buy and grow with audio. And experiential events are back. Only one company has the #1 position in everything Audio. iHeartMedia.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic advertising partnerships with digital advertising agencies and advertisers throughout the country. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters who are able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. Candidates must be able to set quality appointments, present professionally, and truly consult with clients on marketing objectives.
As a Digital Account Executive in Sacramento , you will not only serve the local market but you will have the ability to sell the most innovative and inclusive broadcast and digital marketing tools across our all of our 160 markets.
• Identifies and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects.
• Services and grows relationships in existing base of clients.
• Identifies client/agency needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
• Delivers effective sales presentations.
• Steers clients based on market, platform and station information.
• Maintains client communication and ensures client satisfaction.
• Monitors competition to continually find new account leads.
• Negotiates rates based on iHeartMedia’s budgets.
• Works collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
• Ensures prompt payments.
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
• Creates effective marketing campaigns in cooperation with iHeartMedia resources.
• Generates revenue and meets/exceeds established sales targets.
• Candidate must drive their own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and state-mandated auto insurance.
• Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
• Strong client service relationship-building skills
• Strong consultative sales background with high customer relationship focus – promoting customer satisfaction by becoming a trusted marketing partner and resource that builds long-term successful relationships
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Negotiation and closing proficiency
• Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
• Independent; self-motivated; competitive; assertive
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
• Flexibility and creativity
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 2+ years in media/advertising sales is preferred, but not required
• SalesForce experience and social networking platforms is a plus
• High school diploma, college degree preferred
• None required
Sacramento, CA: 1545 River Park Drive, Suite 500, 95815
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
?A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.