11Alive, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is looking for an experienced digital investigative reporter to join our award-winning team. We're searching for someone who's got a track record of enterprising unique content, following stories from start to finish and working to make a difference through their reporting.
A strong candidate should be a tenacious and persistent journalist who believes in holding the powerful accountable, asking tough questions, exposing the truth, and telling impactful stories. They should be comfortable reporting for both digital and television platforms.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Content.
- Digging through facts, figures and data and distilling it in a digestible manner
- Enterprising content relevant to 11Alive’s audience
- Deliver accurate content and reports on 11Alive’s platforms, especially for digital
- Cultivating sources to aid in making and breaking major news
- 7+ years of proven journalistic experience, with an understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Track record of powerful storytelling with impact
- Data research skills are essential
- Knowledge of a CMS is preferred
- Shooting and editing skills are a plus
- Television presentation skills are a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.