The Digital Executive Producer is responsible for daily management and training of web producers, web reporters and social media producers in local newsroom. Oversee and improve the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed on RochesterFirst.com and across the Nexstar network of sites and media platforms with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic especially inside the Rochester market. The Digital Executive Producer is also a digital audience expert who understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership and has flexibility to perform various duties and work across multiple websites depending upon need with the ability to jump into the mix and create high-performing content as needed.
- Attends local editorial meetings and serves as bridge between broadcast and digital in local newsroom
- Trains, coaches, and manages team of local digital journalists
- Depending on strengths and regional needs, will be assigned regional tasks across multiple websites.
- Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increases pageviews and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
- Works with web producers to assure steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest.
- Evaluates website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow audiences on RochesterFirst.com digital products.
- Leads team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects).
- Monitors major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
- Promotes news content on social media.
- 3 years of experience gathering or producing news and information on digital properties.
- Experience building online databases (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
- Flexibility to work across multiple websites while also balancing in-market needs
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
- Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Ability to take direction and quickly implement new ideas
- Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure
- Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities
- Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant work experience
The Digital Executive Producer will be involved in the editorial process in the local newsroom while also overseeing local digital staff and balancing regional duties. Regional duties will be assigned depending on candidate’s strengths and the needs of the regional hub. Digital Executive Producer will attend local and regional meetings as needed. EP will be responsible for meeting local KPI goals and ensuring traffic is regularly growing. The Digital Executive Producer needs to be familiar will all aspects of all positions and be able to jump in as needed.
Measurements of success
- Meets KPIs
- Ensures local team meets daily deadlines
- Creates positive work environment for local digital employees
- Track record of training journalists who prove to be successful
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar