WUSA is searching for an experienced and passionate Digital Executive Producer to oversee the quality and production of editorial content across all WUSA digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms with a focus on audience engagement across all screens. We’re looking for a transformative leader who can create a modern version of local news that consumers across all platforms will come back to time and time again.
The Digital Executive Producer will report to the Digital Director and is a member of the News Management Team working to grow and engage WUSA’s audiences across all platforms. This person will help create and execute content plans for daily news, ongoing projects, investigations and existing franchises.
The ideal candidate utilizes social listening and is able to explain digital data to the news team to help make editorial decisions. This person is a leader with a strong voice in the newsroom, championing best practices, accuracy and audience experience on all platforms.
Content transformation is underway at WUSA, and we need the most motivated of people who are seeking to make D.C. a better place to live, work and play in creatively engaging ways. This role requires a true self-starter, from ideation to analysis of performance, and the person in this role must be willing to be flexible with shifts worked, and be ready to respond as needed to breaking news.
- Coordinates daily digital news efforts on WUSA’s website, news app, video and social media platforms
- Guide the editorial process for the digital team through prioritizing tasks, making story assignments, copy editing and training staff.
- Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Uses data and social listening to find, pitch/assign and produce unique content and story angles.
- Offers digital insights in the twice-daily newsroom editorial meetings to make editorial decisions based on social listening, digital data and live metrics.
- Champions unique digital content production
- Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles.
- Works closely with the Multiplatform Managing Editor to make sure everyone understands all assignments and content being produced for all platforms.
- Works with the digital producers, show producers, content producers, multi-skilled journalists, photojournalists, reporters and anchors to create a multiple platform storytelling experiences.
- Trains editorial team in best digital and social practices to create engaging content that is specific to platforms.
- Assists with story planning and logistics to produce engaging storytelling through well-written articles, digitally-native videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Cultivates personal sources and relationships with industry experts and influencers
- Manage digital editor scheduling
- Fill-in for digital editors as needed.
- Minimum 4 years producing and showcasing digital and social content
- Experience in a leadership position or team management preferred
- Skilled copy editor
- Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, Taboola Newsroom, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms such as Facebook
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms and how they contribute to overall success
- Keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
- BS/BA in related field
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.