WTOL 11 is seeking an executive producer for the digital team. This skilled journalist will take a leading role in guiding WTOL 11's digital team and our digital presence, content, optimization, streaming, and staff training.
This person also will play an active role in the daily editorial process by being a digital voice to help inform editorial decision-making. As a manager, the person in this role will also assist in day-to-day digital team management.
- Works with the news digital team and digital management to coordinate daily news efforts working continually with broadcast producers for multiple-screen show experiences.
- Uses metrics and social listening to find, pitch, and produce unique content and story angles.
- Assists in managing and developing a team of digital content producers
- Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff
- Guide team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening to be audience-focused with coverage
- Helps to train digital team and extended news department on best digital practices – including SEO and headline writing – to create engaging content that is specific to platforms
- Helps foster an environment that champions original, digital-first content production
- Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles
- Helps create strategy and drive growth of WTOL 11's OTT apps and uses data to establish and manage video strategy
- Uses data to establish and manage video strategy
- Is a skilled copy editor
- Is well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, YouTube Studio, etc.
- Has a keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
- Minimum 4 years producing and showcasing digital and social content in a newsroom
- Skilled copy editor
- Skilled video producer and editor
- Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- Well-versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, CrowdTangle, etc.
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms
- BS/BA in related field – journalism, communications, broadcast
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.