WSYX/WTTE and Ohio247Now has an immediate opening for Digital Director. The ideal candidate is a dynamic digital news leader that can help a team of content creators produce highly engaging news coverage on WSYX/WTTE platforms as well as statewide news coverage of Ohio. This person must have an editorial vision that promotes audience growth across all screens including social media. This newsroom leader will lead by example and be engaged with a highly motivated room of journalists.
Our vision for this position:
The Digital Director will work with the Ohio247Now team to steer news coverage across social media and our suite of apps (mobile, CTV/Roku). This person will also work with reporters, anchors, and other content creators in Sinclair Broadcast Group TV station newsrooms to curate local (individual Ohio markets) and state/regional interest stories, as well as produce original segments for incorporation into streaming newscasts, short-form story collections and social media posts. This person will collaborate with corporate leadership to set goals/KPIs for the Ohio247Now producer team and help maintain a consistent product for our users. This person will also be tasked to help lead Ohio247Now’s social listening and engagement. They will ensure team focus is on developing stories which are highly relevant to people in Ohio.
The Digital Director will also oversee all digital platforms for WSYX/WTTE including social media, websites, and news apps. This person will establish and oversee a digital strategy for a team of hungry reporters, photographers and producers. This person must enjoy coaching and reviewing digital content.
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
- Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
- A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
- Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Proven track record of driving growing traffic on multiple platforms
- Minimum of 10 years producing in the digital space
- A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group