WGRZ, the TEGNA-owned station in Buffalo, NY, is looking for a Digital Desk Producer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will produce original and engaging content for all WGRZ platforms that will reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This person will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets. The job will also require the skills of a traditional Assignment Editor.
- Produce audience first, engaging content through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through editing and working with reporters.
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media skills
- Review and respond to news releases, news tips, emails and user generated content to identify unique, local and engaging content
- Social listening: monitor social media for breaking news, find interesting stories, track trends and report findings to newsroom
- Email the newsroom about all news that comes into the building during your shift
- Participate in editorial meetings and conversations, including pitching stories
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
- Coordinate interviews for both TV and online
- Answering phones, listening to police scanners, gather information for producers
- Tuning in live shots and taking in feeds
- Two years’ experience working as a digital producer preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.