WWL is embarking on a transformation of its newsroom and is seeking a talented multi-platform journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. The Digital Content Producer will work to grow audiences across all platforms, from the mobile web and social media to podcasting and smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
- Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, AP, etc.); develop story ideas
- Write and publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms.
- Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media.
- Edit and version broadcast audio for digital distribution.
- Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds).
- Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly.
- Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters.
- Use real-time data in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions.
- Collaborate with and guide broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for digital.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news content.
- Outstanding news judgment, ability to work under deadline pressure and strong writing and reporting skills.
- Experience with content management/online publishing systems.
- Ability to edit other writers’ work for clarity and accuracy Command of best practices on all social media platforms.
- Understanding of web and social analytics and how to interpret data.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Audition, or other comparable photo and audio editing software.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
- Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media.
- Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to experiment and innovate.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/