Our newsroom is searching for a creative and curious journalist to join our digital team in producing content for our audiences via our website, associated online platforms and social media profiles. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, a passion for news and the ability to complete stories that captivate and inform our online audience.
They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience. Much of the day is independent work with regular check-ins to share ideas, trending stories and to coordinate duties.
- Produce audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, livestreams and interactive elements.
- Mine a wide variety of sources for relevant content. Select, generate, research, write and update original stories. Gather imagery and information on-location.
- Capture and edit images and video for digital products, such as YouTube.
- Represent WQAD professionally via social media.
- Work independently and demonstrate solid news judgment for content selection and priorities.
- Work under tight deadlines and react to breaking news situations quickly and accurately.
- Assist in digital storytelling training for reporters, anchors, producers and others in the newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in communications, media or related field.
- Strong news judgement.
- Excellent AP Style writing, editing, proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Ability to work independently and communicate information and ideas with all news staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources within deadlines.
- Be comfortable interacting with the public for interviews, information gathering or occasional live or real-time digital-reporting assignments.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Basic video and graphic production skills and knowledge.
- Computer skills are required.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY