WZDX FOX54 in the fast-growing city of Huntsville, Alabama is seeking a Digital Content Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will distribute FOX54 content digitally to reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This will include implementing best practices by platform, social listening, making data-informed decisions and copy editing for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets.
The successful candidate is a strong writer, with digital experience and solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, familiarity with digital metrics, video and photo editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. This person should also have an insatiable appetite for following ever-evolving news consumption habits, trends and emerging technology.
- Produce digital first, engaging storytelling through articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: monitor chatter on social platforms and track trending stories via various tracking programs to help news make editorial decisions.
- Curate FOX54 homepage and app.
- Aggressively cover breaking news on all digital platforms through push alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles.
- Work with marketing and sales on cross-department initiatives and contests.
- Assist reporters and anchors in creation of native social content.
- Implement best practices on FOX54 digital and social platforms.
- Communicate with the newsroom about all news coming into the building.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity across all platforms.
- Assist in other areas as needed
- Prefer two years of experience working as a digital producer or journalist.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Sound news judgment and ability to work as a team and autonomously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Interest in digital metrics.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.