WUSA9, TEGNA’s flagship CBS station in Washington, D.C., is looking for a smart, self-starting Digital Content Producer who is a writing wizard to join our digital team.
The ideal candidate for this morning position is a journalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to inspire, inform and make a positive impact on our audience and community.
This position requires producing original content for WUSA9 including interactive-rich digital articles that reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. Working alongside other digital team members, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for managing content produced by others, including copy editing for our various desktop/mobile/social platforms.
A successful candidate is innovative, with solid news judgment and critical thinking skills who thrives in a highly-demand breaking news environment. This person works well under pressure and can perform in stressful situations.
Qualified candidates are very strong writers who have experience posting stories to digital/mobile/social platforms, video and photo-editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Write and post stories to all WUSA9 digital/mobile/social platforms
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate digital traffic through social media and SEO skills.
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources
- Use social media mining tools to discover unique content
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening
- Coordinate live streams of news events with a heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create enterprise stories for all WUSA9 platforms
- Be an ethical journalist
- At least one to three years of experience working as a digital producer or journalist
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing and proofreading skills
- Understanding and interest in digital metrics and analytics
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starter who can work well as a member of a team
- Primarily a morning position, but must be able to work a flexible schedule as warranted by vacations/breaking news coverage
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.