KBMT/K-JAC in Beaumont, Texas is looking for a creative and energetic Digital Producer to join our team of multi-platform journalists. We’re looking for someone who believes in the power of local journalism and wants to help create unique digital content that is unparalleled in our market. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media.
Successful digital producers at 12News are leaders in the newsroom with an audience-first approach on digital, social media and streaming platforms. You’ll write web articles, launch live streams, clip videos, create social graphics and work with reporters and photojournalists to have content showcased in its best form across our various platforms. There are also opportunities to create original enterprise content. Qualified candidates should have strong writing and copy-editing skills, video and social media experience and strong news judgment.
- Produce audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, notifications, live streams and interactive elements.
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources and post.
- Post photos/videos to station platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: Monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Taboola Newsroom, Google Analytics CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Communicate to newsroom.
- Urgently, aggressively and accurately report breaking news as it happens.
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Broadcast-digital coordination: Work with all departments on content coverage.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the 12News brand across all platforms.
- Experience working as a digital producer or digital journalist a plus.
- Excellent AP Style writing, editing, proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Video and graphic production skills and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources while also working well with varied personalities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Sound news judgment and ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.