The FOX 8 digital content producer should be a responsible journalist who is passionate about news, innovative, a self-starter, full of creativity, reliable, honest and takes initiative.?
This position will include duties for both our digital platforms and performing assignment desk duties such as, managing crews in the field, listening to the scanners and assigning reporter stories.
The role of a web producer and assignment editor also requires a strong understanding on producing content for our social media accounts. The winning candidate will have experience as both a news writer and assignment desk experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
JOB SUMMARY:? Research and write local/national stories, capture visual content and edit general assignment stories for our websites, mobile platforms and social media.
· Produce content for multiple platforms: website, mobile and social media
· Work with management to enterprise digital only content and take on new projects
· Write stories in AP style, come up with unique content for the FOX 8 digital platforms and create digital extras to beef up content
· Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
· Experience in using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms for broadcast purposes
· Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
· Produces unique digital content and write compelling, SEO strong stories and headlines
· Be proficient at multi-tasking. Constantly monitor all digital and social sources to break and produce news on digital
· Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
· Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
· Pitches local and trending stories during editorial meetings and communicates with managers
· Finds new ways to use social media and our website to engage with viewers
· Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
Requirements & Skills:
· Degree in journalism or another related field required
· Experience working in digital or news at television station, newspaper or other professional news site experience preferred as well as previous assignment desk experience.
· Please provide writing samples
· Proficiency in Associated Press style, SEO, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere or Spark, Crowdtangle or Shareablee, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; livestream production skills
· Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
· Responds positively to feedback and direction
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar