WPMT/FOX43 has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This position will largely be responsible for creating informative, innovative, and engaging content for our desktop, mobile and social platforms.
- Post stories to all online Digital-Mobile-Social platforms
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through timely, engaging social media posts
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources and posts
- Post photos/videos to station platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create error-free, enterprise content (stories, videos, photo galleries) for digital platforms
- Work with talent on social media strategy
- Promote our on-air product through digital platforms
- Help create synergy between our content both on-air and online
- Monitor trends of what is driving traffic online
- Experience working as a digital producer or journalist preferred
- Solid news judgment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to write in Associated Press style
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
- Videography and video editing skills a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus, but not a requirement
- Must be a self-starter, who can prioritize what must be done under tight deadlines
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.