KVUE in Austin is searching for a Digital Content Producer who has a vision for what local news can and should be in the digital and social spaces. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media.
This person will largely be responsible for producing original written and video content for our stations that will reach our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This person will also be responsible for managing content produced by others, including copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute KVUE editorial content across our multiple 24/7 platforms. KVUE Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom responsible for optimizing the user experience on all screens.
- Produce audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, notifications, live streams and interactive elements.
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources and post.
- Post photos/videos to station platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: Monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Taboola Newsroom, Google Analytics CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Communicate to newsroom.
- Urgently, aggressively and accurately report breaking news as it happens.
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Broadcast-digital coordination: Work with all departments on content coverage.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the KVUE brand across all platforms.
- Two years of experience working as a digital producer or digital journalist preferred.
- Excellent AP Style writing, editing, proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Video and graphic production skills and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources while also working well with varied personalities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Sound news judgment and ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Interest in digital metrics with experience in Google Analytics very much preferred.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.